Recipe from http://beautifultomato.com/recipes/tortellini
Tortellini with Italian Tomato Jam
- 1 pound fresh tortellini, ravioli or other filled pasta
- 1 Tbs. salt
- 1 cup of Italian Tomato Jam
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 15 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- 2 oz. grated parmesan
- Fill a large pot (enough to hold 6-8 quarts) with water and bring to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon of salt. Add pasta to boiling water, turn down flame to low-medium boil and cook until pasta is al dente or just a little underdone.
- While waiting for pasta to cook, warm pasta bowls in oven at low temperature or pour hot water into bowls, pour out and dry just before serving.
- When pasta is done, drain cooked pasta through a colander (reserving ½ to 1 cup pasta water for later use, if needed) and place pasta into warmed bowls.
- Place a dollop of Italian Tomato Jam onto the pasta and drizzle with olive oil, fresh basil and grated parmesan or other hard cheese of your choice.