Recipe from http://beautifultomato.com/recipes/shrimp-cocktail/
Shrimp Cocktail with Italian Tomato Jam
Serves 2-3 as appetizer
- 6 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup Italian Tomato Jam
- Lemon slices or wedges for garnish
- Parsley sprig for garnish
- Choose an attractive glass (ie: large martini glass or a small clear bowl with fluted sides – one that will be able to hold the shrimp upright on the rim).
- Peel and devein the shrimp. (To devein shrimp, make a shallow slit down the middle of the back to expose the black vein. Remove the vein with a paring knife or rinse it out under cold running water.)
- Carefully spoon the Italian Tomato Jam into the bottom of the glass and arrange the shrimp around the edge.
- Refrigerate at least two hours. Remove and garnish with lemon slices and parsley. Have more lemon wedges available.