Recipe from http://beautifultomato.com/recipes/grilled-cheese
Grilled Cheese Sandwich on Artisanal Bread with Italian Tomato Jam
- 2 slices of artisanal bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 slice fontina
- 1 slice brie
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan
- 1-2 Tbs. Italian Tomato Jam
- Choose a rustic loaf of bread of your choice. Slice it into approximately half-inch slices, if not already sliced. Butter one side of each slice and place the butter-side down on a surface. Layer the non-buttered side of one slice of bread with the fontina and brie, and then sprinkle the grated parmesan on top. Generously spread Italian Tomato Jam on opposite slice of bread, fold over cheese slices, and press together.
- Heat a cast iron or non-stick skillet over a medium-low heat for one minute. Carefully place the sandwich into the skillet. Cook until golden-brown underneath, 5 to 7 minutes. Using a spatula, flip the sandwich and cook the other side until golden brown.
- Remove the sandwich from the skillet, cut in half, and enjoy with soup or salad.