Recipe from http://beautifultomato.com/recipes/bruschetta/
Bruschetta with Goat Cheese and Italian Tomato Jam
Serves 4 as an appetizer
- 8 half-inch slices of rustic baguette
- 1-2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, split lengthwise
- 2-3 oz. goat cheese
- ½ cup Italian Tomato Jam
- 4 large or 8 small basil leaves
- Heat grill or oven to 325° F . Slice a baguette into disks about one half-inch in diameter. Grill on a barbeque grate or toast in the oven on a baking sheet, turning once, until golden on both sides. Remove from the grill or oven and let cool.
- Peel and cut garlic clove lengthwise. Rub the garlic clove lightly on one side of the bruschetta and then brush with the olive oil. Spread a layer of goat cheese atop the garlic and olive oil. Place a dollop of Italian Tomato Jam atop the cheese. Garnish with thinly sliced basil (to slice many basil leaves at once, layer basil leaves on top of each other, roll tightly into a log shape and thinly slice).